Monday, June 24, 2013

 

A quick update....

Well it's almost the end of June so I guess it's time for an update! My treatment this month went off without a hitch, I didn't feel very well for a few days following the treatments but I seemed to get over the discomfort quicker than the previous month so that was a plus. I should have one or two more rounds to go and then hopefully, this will all be over. The next round will be July 1 and 2...just in time to feel like crap for the 4th of July weekend. They did give me some medicine to take to help ease the nausea - maybe if I start taking it earlier this time I'll avoid feeling like crap - something tells me that probably won't be the case. Bike training and our preparations for the trip to Scotland are going well. We're close to having $20,000 of our $50,000 goal raised and last week I rode 200 miles, including almost 70 on Saturday. I have to admit I was really feeling it late in the ride on Saturday, I think the heat and high miles finally took a toll on me. I'm going to back off a bit this week as we plan to ride 70 miles this coming Saturday - hopefully I'll have fresher legs this time around. We're also well into the plans for our benefit night at Kings Island on July 27 - it should be a fun evening and we're hoping for over 200 people to attend. With a month to go, we have close to 40 reservations so we're off to a great start. If you might be interested in attending, let me know! I'll also post the flyer on my Facebook page so keep an eye out for that, as well. I finally saw all of the 2012 movies nominated for best picture, except Amour which hasn't come out yet on video. Since Amour is foreign and I typically don't enjoy reading movies, I'll just rank the english language films and assume that Amour would be my 9th pick....I actually thought 2012 was a pretty good year for movies... 1. Argo - most entertaining movie of the year. I thought the Academy got it right this year although Ben Affleck certainly deserved a nomination for Best director. 2. Silver Linings Playbook - Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence shined in this story about a man trying to reclaim his life following a stint in a mental hospital. Robert DeNiro also adds a great supporting performance. 3. Lincoln - If for no other reason, Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln makes this movie well worth seeing. 4. Les Miserables - Film version of the classic play was very well done even if Russell Crowe can't sing. 5. Zero Dark Thirty - The intense ending featuring the raid to kill Bin Laden were some of the best filmed scenes since the invasion in Saving Private Ryan - I just wish I would have liked the main character more - she simply got to be very annoying. 6. Django Unchained - Contained the funniest scene of the year. I don't want to give too much away but it involved a posse of the KKK complaining about the hoods one of their wives had made as they prepared to get revenge on Django. 7. Life of Pi - Ang Lee won Best Director for Life of Pi - the visual effects were absolutely amazing. 8. Beasts of the Southern - I need to watch this one again - I really wasn't sure what was going on half the time - but it was 1000x better than last years 'artsy' movie...The Tree of Life, which I will never watch again. 9. Amour. Time to head to the gym for a little exercise. As always, thanks for checking in!

Comments:
Impressive run-down of the Academy films Vince. I've only seen two of the nine... (Argo and Silver Linings) I'd like to see Lincoln and Django... I'm just waiting until it gets on HBO...

Quick who said it... "27 damn Showtimes and there isn't a thing on to watch!" (or words to that effect...)

Rich


 
Why that would be 'the new Dick!'

 
خدمات دبى – المحترف للصيانة – الامارات
شركات صبغ في دبى
صباغ رخيص فى دبى


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?