Monday, April 01, 2013

 

Looking for 'Significant Shrinkage'.....

Unlike George Costanza in that classic Seinfeld episode, 'The Hamptons', I'm hoping to learn I've had significant shrinkage today when I get the results of Friday's CT scans. That news would be fantastic on two fronts; first it would mean the treatments are working and the lymph node by my kidney is returning to it's normal size and second, but equally as important, it would mean I can get this uncomfortable stent taken out! It's been over four weeks now and while the discomfort is not as bad as it was a couple weeks ago, it doesn't mean I'd like to make this stent a permanent fixture in my body....the sooner it can come out the better! So I'd appreciate some positive thoughts this afternoon around 1 pm (or if Dr. Leming's punctuality remains true to form, closer to 2:15!)....I really, really, really, really want to get this thing removed! I hope everyone had a nice Easter. Xavier is always off on Good Friday and the day after Easter but I spent Friday getting the CT scan and I'll have a treatment today so it's not exactly the best way to spend a 4 day holiday weekend. Easter was nice as we spent the day with family at the Bruces....it would have been nicer had Michigan lost to Florida but seeing Duke lose did provide some consolation. I'm still disappointed over the Buckeyes loss to Wichita State; they picked a bad time to have a shooting slump. I'm sure WSU had a little to do with it but I still believe if Ohio State plays like they did over their 11 game winning streak, they would be in the final four. Of course they didn't so they aren't and now I'm pulling for an all Big East final with Louisville beating Syracuse by about 30 points in the championship game. Of course the NCAA final four usually signals the beginning of the baseball season. This year, the basketball games are a week later and the Reds will open today in some very frigid temperatures. It was actually flurrying earlier this morning so it's not going to be a very comfortable day at the ballpark....this is one Opening Day I'll gladly enjoy from the comfort of my family room couch. I think this will be the year the Reds make it back to the World Series, they appear to have all the pieces in place. Most of the 'experts' are picking the Nationals but how many times do the 'experts' get it right? I'm sure they didn't pick the Giants to win last year....so the long season kicks off today at 4 pm, hopefully it won't end until late, late October. I guess I'll end here. I'll have an update later today on my appointment with Dr. Leming....remember, channel those positive thoughts!!!

Comments:
I'll be sending positive "shrinkage" thoughts your way this afternoon Vinnie!

I'll be looking for a good news update tonight!

Rich
 
I'll be thinking of you this afternoon Prince and chanting "heck no, the stent must go!"

Sorry about your Schmuckeyes - I was pulling for them. I actually attended Wichita State for a semester in the 80s and I have no love for the Shockers. Why would I? Why woud anyone?

Prayers today, my friend.
 
Praying for you Vince! Great seeing you at church yesterday!
 
I am with Rich... positive "shrinkage" thoughts and awaiting good news tonight!
Aimee

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?