Tuesday, March 26, 2013

 

The stint with the stent to last through Easter....

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I wanted to see what the plan for this stent is before I put out any new 'news'. The whole plan is still a bit cloudy but I've been getting a lot of questions so here is the latest... I met with Dr. Bennett (the urologist) last Thursday. I thought I was going to get a sonigram but he told me that really would help in determining whether he could remove the stent or not. He said the only real test would be a CT scan and Dr. Leming would have to order that. So I had a treatment yesterday and told Dr. Leming about my visit with Dr. Bennett. He said he'd get a CT scan ordered and if everything is progressing as expected, perhaps we can get rid of the stent next week. That would be awesome. I don't know what I'll do getting back all that wasted time I've been spending standing over the toilet only to have little, if anything trickle. Probably 'too much information' for some of you but that's been my life the past 4 weeks. I haven't excercised in 2 weeks, it's just too damned uncomfortable. The good news is, the treatments have gone well - no hives, no complications, pretty uneventful. I've actually gotten to the point where they can do the tranfusion in about 2 hours - a far cry from the 6 hours it took the first time. No let's pray that the damn things are working! Other than that, I've been spending a lot of time plopped on the sofa watching television. We did go out to dinner at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse with a great group of friends on Saturday night. It was a private dinner that the Bruces picked up at an Our Daily Bread fundraiser and it was nice to get out of the house and enjoy some good food. My taste buds have been somewhat screwed up by these treatments and I've been eating a lot of bland foods. Fortunately I was able to enjoy the meal on Saturday. And I was even more than happy to serve as the designated driver as beer drinking is not a good idea when you constantly feel like peeing, no need to exacerbate the situation (or as a co-worker once put it...exactabate the situation. On Sunday Judd was given two tickets to the NCAA games in Dayton and asked me to go. We had a great time and got to see two fantastic basketball games as Ohio State beat Iowa State on a buzzer beater by Aaron Craft and Indiana nipped Temple in a physical and fun game to watch. Hopefully Ohio State can go out to LA and take care of business and head to the Final Four for the second straight year. This team has had it's struggles but they appear to be jelling at the right time. I guess that covers the latest. I'll be sure to keep you posted on the latest and hopefully greatest news. Wishing everyone a blessed Easter week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?