Friday, March 15, 2013

 

It's been a tough week.....

I am mentally drained. I had two treatments earlier this week and I'm still in a great deal of discomfort due to the stent. Consequently, I can't sleep! I haven't had a decent night of sleep in over 2 weeks. I wake up about every hour feeling like I need to go to the bathroom - sometimes I do, most of the time I just get a weak trickle...very frustrating. Last night I took some Tylenol PM and actually had my longest sustained sleep in 2 weeks; about 90 minutes. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the stent out following my urologist appointment next week but that's still 6 days away. it just can't happen soon enough...this has been a struggle. So I came home early from work today. I felt so sluggish and everyone kept telling me I should go home...so I finally did. Now I'm sitting here watching Wisconsin play Michigan in the Big Ten basketball tournament and it is a God awful game....16 to 10 with 4 minutes to play in the first half. Imagine how bad it would be if Wisconsin didn't have the greatest coach in the conference, Bo 'frickin' Ryan....what a joke. I'd rather watch 'the Sorrow and the Pity' than an entire Wisconsin basketball game. Right now they've missed 11 three pointers and an equal number of chip shots - they're 3 of 20 shooting. I guess I could change the channel, maybe Family Feud is on. Here is one for the books. All Aaron wanted for Christmas was tickets to see Kobe Bryant and the Lakers play. We looked and saw that the Lakers would be playing in Indianapolis in March and the game was during Aaron's spring break so it all came together. The game is tonight. Unfortunately Kobe sprained his ankle on a bonehead play Wednesday night and most likely won't be playing this evening - I can't believe it. Kobe has been Aaron's favorite player for 10 years and the day before he gets to see him live, he gets hurt. Oh well, I hope they have a great time at the game and maybe Kobe can pull a Willis Reed and play a little tonight. Unfortunately, a game against the Pacers in Indianapolis is not quite as important as the final game of the NBA championship. Halftime score alert - Michigan 20, Wisconsin 17...does it get any worse than that? Well, yes it does....how about the uniforms that Adidas has decided to make some of their higher profile schools to wear....how humiliating it must be to walk on the court wearing the stylish fashions they're making Cincinnati, Louisville, Notre Dame and UCLA play in. Michigan is also getting in on the act today but their uniforms are always putridly colored so I doubt anyone will notice. I guess that's about it for now. I plan to lay low this weekend and hopefully catch up with some rest. If anyone needs me you can find me on the couch with my legs propped up, contemplating my next trip to the bathroom. And if you have to be laid up for the weekend I guess its good that its a weekend full of basketball. As always, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I'll be sure to check in with an update soon.

Comments:
Hope you get some most needed rest this weekend, Vince, and that next week you get good news and get that pesky stent out. Enjoy all the basketball games! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Jim and Di
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?