Wednesday, March 20, 2013

 

Another treatment is behind me....

I had another Rituxin treatment yesterday. It was fairly uneventful and I feel pretty good today. The best part was the Benadryl knocked me out so I was able to get a 2 hour nap in which was much appreciated following my 4 hour drive home from Cleveland. I had to go up to Cleveland Monday for a Xavier alumni activity at the Cleveland Cavs game. What a horrible team! I know they have a couple key injuries right now but passing that team off as an NBA squad is really pushing it. Indiana was also playing without a top player and they basically toyed with them. Tomorrow I have my three week follow-up appointment with the urologist. I should get an ultrasound and if everything looks good, we're going to move forward on getting this stent. It is absolutely incredible how much this little piece of plastic (or whatever the hell it's made of) has impacted my life the past 3 weeks. I think my thoughts have been well documented on this blog but I can't wait to not feel like I have to pee - it has been way beyond obnoxious. I wish I would have kept count on how many times I've gone to the bathroom the past 3 weeks - it has to be some kind of record. I'd estimate 20 times a day for 21 days - I think that makes 420 times! I know you'll probably think that is an inflated number but I'm confident it's pretty accurate. I'm typically up every 90 minutes at night and probably go 3 times every two hours during the day. And keep in mind that every trip is accompanied by intense pain in the area of the stent when the 'flow' begins. What amazes me is for some people, stents are used to improve their situation. All I know is, this preventative stent sucks. I'm looking forward to the NCAA games. Judd was given some tickets for Sunday games in Dayton which should feature Ohio State so I'm looking forward to heading up there with him. Hopefully Ohio State can make a repeat trip to the Final Four, unlike last year when Kentucky blitzed their way to the title, this year's tournament should be wide open and a lot more interesting. At the same time, I actually think the title is heading back to Kentucky - only Rick Pitino will be the coach hoisting over his head, Louisville looks like a team on a mission. Today Xavier was announced as one of the 3 new members of the Big East Conference along with Butler and Creighton. We had a big celebration on campus which was nice considering the Muskies didn't make it to post season play. I'm looking forward to next season and seeing teams like Villanova, Georgetown, St. Johns and Marquette come to the Cintas Center, hopefully Coach Mack and the team will be up for the task. I guess I'll end here. My next treatment is next Monday. I'll be sure to report back on the latest news regarding 'the stent'! Go Bucks!!!

Comments:
Our water bill will be evidence of how much increased flushing has been going on in the Hopkins House.
Julie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?