Tuesday, February 19, 2013

 

Watch that scene, digging the Dancing King....

So I’m back and it’s only been 4 days since my previous blog post – I’d say that’s progress. I had hoped to write Sunday night but my I-pad needed charging and we had to watch our Netflix DVD or we’d have it another week – Sunday nights are movie night! The movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, wasn’t bad but I think the target audience has an average age of about 35 years younger than me. The movie does prove that unlike Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger may have a post-Harry Potter acting career although I did see that Ron is starring in a movie about the ‘famed’ ski jumper, Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards, which I’m sure is destined to be one of the all-time classics. This past Saturday, we attended a party to honor the recent marriage of Julie’s brother, Jerry, and his lovely bride, Erika. A wonderful time was had by all and thanks to several bottles of liquid courage (as well as a rousing version of ABBA’s mega-hit, Dancing Queen) I’m sure I was the most watched person on the dance floor that evening. I’m usually not much of a participant when it comes to dancing but when the second song played is Dancing Queen and the band just keeps pumping out classic hits – September, Walking on Sunshine, Don’t Stop Believing, Living on a Prayer, Sweet Caroline and of course the most iconic of all Ohio-born rock songs, Hang on Sloopy (O-H-I-O!) – I challenge anyone to drink 5 or 6 beers and not be lured to the dance floor! Besides, as the old saying goes you’re supposed to ‘dance like no one’s watching’; unfortunately I’m afraid there were about 250 people at the party who most likely were and wondering what the hell I was doing out there – I’m sure a few new moves were learned watching this, ‘Dancing King’ in action. Seriously, dancing aside, we are very happy for Jerry and Erika and we wish them many years of happiness together. So this is one of those ‘scanxiety’ weeks. Yesterday I had scans taken and next Monday I’ll have my follow-up appointment with Dr. Leming to go over the results. I continue to feel fine but I always prepare myself to be ready for any type of news we may receive. I’m typically pretty good about blocking everything out but when the time comes to drink that rancid contrast solution, get hooked up to the IV (congrats, by the way to Miss Jocelyn for getting the IV in with one stick this time – I knew she could do it!) and crawl on to that imaging device it obviously makes it a little more difficult to not think about it. Bottom line; we’ll be a little nervous this week but we’ve been through the routine before and hopefully around 3:30 pm next Monday we’ll be able to breathe a huge sigh of relief until the next ‘scanxiety week’ – probably sometime toward the end of summer. We’re looking forward to a trip to St. Louis this weekend to see Aaron; it will be great to have the entire family together. On Saturday we’re going to see ‘The Book of Mormon’ which is playing across the street from the SLU campus. Judd has been asking to see the show so when we saw it was playing in St. Louis, we thought it would make for a nice family roadtrip. Julie bought the soundtrack for Christmas and we’ve all taken our turns learning the music. All I can say is there is nothing sacred in this show, I hope I don’t sit next to an 80 year-old couple because they will surely be offended – it should make for a very entertaining afternoon at the Fox Theater! I think that’s all for now. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how my appointment with Dr. Leming goes. Thanks for checking in and have a great week….

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Praying for STELLAR results on Monday, Vince!
 
Prince - I guarantee I could resist the lure of Abba. Oy vey! Listen, prayers for your scan results from Miserable Maryland. As our friend and hero Woody once said "There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.” You muust have a lily white soul, my friend. Also you should check out WordPress for your blog, it won't mess with your paragraphs. Well, not much. ~ Chooch
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?