Thursday, February 24, 2011

 

A Pretty Damn Good Day.....

As many of you know (at least those of you who check out my blog from time to time) today was a big day. i was scheduled to meet with Dr. Leming to get the results of my recent CT scans. The only problem was, when I called to tell them I was running a little late I was informed that I didn't have an appointment in their system. I don't know why I would have put it down if I didn't make the appointment but I wasn't going to argue with the woman. I made a an appointment for next Tuesday and that was that. Then I got to thinking, I really don't want to wait until next Tuesday to get the results - I mean, I told everyone I know I was getting the results today and it's somewhat cruel to wait 5 more days when I should be getting the results today. So I called back and asked if someone could call me back with the results...so arounf 4:55 I got the call and it was worth the wait...I was informed that the scans look great and with that, I started honking my horn down Tylersville Road. I know the people in the car next to me had to think I was crazy but short of having someone to hug, that's all I could think to do. WHAT A RELIEF!!! I'll still meet with Dr. Leming next Tuesday to see how we'll move forward but for now at least we know the treatments have worked and for now, I'm feeling like a million bucks! Thanks to everyone for your prayers, thoughts and support; we are so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family members and friends - we wouldn't be where we are today without all of you.

So I have to admit that I've been a little pissed at my wonderful Alma Mater, THE Ohio State University. Abbey applied for admission there and has been on the evaluation list since December. Obviously, I'm very biased but I can't imagine any school not wanting to have this fine young lady as a part of it's student body; she is a wonderful kid, works her butt off and someday she will be a very loyal alum to whatever school she decideds to attend. Well today Abbey got a big package in the mail from OSU and she has been accepted - my faith in the people who make admissions decisions at TOSU has been restored. Unless they offer her full tuition (as the University of Dayton has) I doubt she will wind up there but at least she knows she passed the grade. She's still waiting to hear from St. Louis and Marquette on their tuition offers but I think it may be hard to beat the offer Dayton has made - and Julie and I would be perfectly fine with that!!!

I think I'll end for now. It's been a great day, I think I'm going to have an nice, ice cold beer!

Peace and blessings to all!

Vince

Comments:
Dear Vince -- Happy for you! Thanks for posting. Bless you,

--pc (a stranger with FL who follows your blog)
 
It's a damn good day and so is the next day! Walking on air!! Love you - Me
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?