Monday, February 21, 2011

 

The nest is empty as Abbey visits Italy....

We're getting a little preview of things to come this week as Abbey is on a trip to Italy as part of the Model UN program at her high school. She is one of 12 girls on the trip which will take her to Rome, Florence and Genoa over the next 8 days. I can tell you it's pretty quiet around the house when Abbey IS home so you can imagine how quiet it must be without her. I have to say I don't like her being gone but I'm sure she's having a wonderful time and hopefully soaking in as much of Italy as she possibly can. She actually paid for half her trip and we're really proud of how hard she worked to come up with her half of the money. She'll come home next Sunday so until then, it's just Jules and me at 3354 Paddock Lane.

This is a big week as I'll get the results of my recent CT scans on Thursday (February 24). It's been 11 months since I learned my lymphoma had resurfaced so hopefully we'll get some great news on Thursday. My appointment is at 2 pm and I'll be sure to post the results as soon as I'm able. I feel great so hopefully that is a sign of good news to come.


I continue to participate in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. This year I'll be heading back to Lake Tahoe for another trip around that beautiful body of water. I launched my fund raising effort last week and the response has been overwhleming. Here is a link to my web page which also provides additional information about the past year and ways you can support this effort. Thanks for checking it out and for all your support...

http://pages.teamintraining.org/soh/ambbr11/vhopkins

With the Academy Awards set for Sunday night, here are my final predictions for this years winners....I plan to see 'The King's Speech' sometime this week and see it being the big winner when the awards are announced on Sunday....

Best Picture - The King's Speech
Best Actor - Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Best Actress - Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale, The Fighter
Best Supporting Actress - Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Best Director - The King's Speech
Best Animated Feature - Toy Story 3

If there is an upset, it will be Annette Bening for Best Actress but Portman has been winning everything else so I think it's Portman's year.

I think I'll end for now. Thanks for checking in and I should have a health update Thursday night or Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?