Wednesday, February 09, 2011

 

Feeling much better....

Well I think the side effects of treatment #6 have finally worn off! I felt pretty bad for most of last week but by the weekend I knew I had turned the corner and today I'm feeling pretty close to normal. I got good news on my blood test last Thursday (everything looked normal) and now I'm waiting to have my CT scans done next week. Other than that, things have been pretty uneventful.

I do continue to have extremely bad luck on the car front. Last Saturday I went to my bike training class and since Judd has the RAV up at UD and my usual ride wasn't going to the class, I had to load my bike into our Sebring convertible. Everything went fine going up to Wheelie Fun (where the class was being held) but when I went to load the bike back into the car following the class, the rear window shattered into a million pieces as I was lowering the hood. This made for a very cold and wet ride home as I had no way of covering up the gaping hole where there used to be a window. On Monday I got out the trusty duct tape and rigged up what I thought was a pretty good cover for the window but it blew away somewhere on 1-71 just south of Kings Island so my drive in to work was equally wet and cold. Fortunately I was able to get it fixed on Monday and much to my surprise it was covered under our insurance.

I'm enjoying the basketball season; Xavier is playing well and Ohio State remains the only unbeaten team in college basketball. Hopefully they won't go to Wisconsin this weekend and lose their #1 ranking like the football team did back in October. If they do, Wisconsin may unseat Michigan as my least favorite team in the Big Ten. I also hope XU and OSU don't wind up playing each other in the NCAA tournament again - talk about a no win situation.

There really isn't much else going on. I am going over to Pittsburgh this weekend to see Xavier play Duquesne on Sunday but other than, I've been staying pretty close to home. I hope all is well with you and will let you know the results of the CT scans as soon as I can. Also, be looking for news on this years LLS bike ride....I'm heading back out to Lake Tahoe in June!!

Thanks for checking in!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?