Friday, December 31, 2010

 

Treatment #5 has been completed....

First, I have to say I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. With the holidays, I was pretty busy and simply didn't have time to log on and post. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all a safe and Happy New Year!

I've been off this week as Xavier is closed over the holidays but the last couple days were spent at Cincinnati Hematology Oncology (CHO) getting treatment #5 behind; not exactly the way you want to spend your holiday but if it gets me a step closer to the end of this sequence of treatments I guess it's worth it. Everything went very smoothly, Dr. Leming said following treatment # 6 (which will take place January 26 and 27) we will do CT scans to see how things are looking - if the scans are unremarkable I think we'll go back to a watching mode, getting check-ups every 3 to 6 months. In the last scans everything was working - there were no bad nodes in my neck, chest or pelvic areas and the effected nodes in my abdomen were definitely shrinking. I have to believe with 4 additional treatments everything should be looking as close to normal as possible. So hopefully by mid-February we'll have some great news and get back to a normal routine.

We've had a very nice Christmas break. The boys have been home for a couple weeks and won't go back to school until January 18 - that is a pretty significant break! Judd is currently in Florida with his girlfriend, Deven. Her sister lives in Orlando and works at Disney World so they are ringing in the New Year down there. Judd was pretty excited because Deven got him a pass to the new Harry Potter exhibit at Universal studios for Christmas - Judd will be in Heaven - he even plans to buy himself a magic wand. He is heading in to his final semester at UD, hard to believe he'll graduate in May! Now we need to get him focused on finding himself a job - anyone need rookie graphic designer.

Aaron will be completing his sophomore year at SLU next semester. He is also studying art and wants to do web design. He needs a summer job that will provide him with many, many hours so again, if you know of any opportunities, let us know!

Abbey is still in the college selection process. She's been accepted at Xavier, St. Louis and Cincinnati and is still waiting to hear from Ohio State, Purdue and Marquette. She also hasn't heard from Dayton but we've been in touch with them and are pretty certain she'll be accepted when they send out their acceptance letters in mid-January. I'd say her top 3 are Dayton, Ohio State and St. Louis. We are very hopeful that she'll get the tuition exchange at Dayton and St. Louis and we'll have to see how things play out with Ohio State to see if they get into the mix. We would be very happy if she winds up at Dayton - it's been a great fit for Judd and I think Abbey would do very well up there as well - plus it's only 40 minutes away. I know Aaron enjoys SLU but it's tough having him 5 hours away. We'll keep you posted on Abbey's progress!

I really didn't get to talk much about my favorite Christmas memories as I started to do earlier this month. I know one of my favorite one's as a child was when I was in the first grade and I got a new bike, my older sister, Vangela, also got a bike that Christmas. All we really wanted was a bike and when we didn't see them in the living room by the tree we figured it wasn't going to happen bt when we went into the kitchen for breakfast, our dad had hid them under a sheet next to the dinner table - we were quite surprised! In recent years Julie has sent me to a couple of the Ohio State bowl games for my Christmas present - in '97 I went to the the Rose Bowl with my neighbor, Doug Fiessinger, and in 2002/03 I went to Ohio State's National Championship game against Miami in Tempe with a couple other neighbors, Todd Downey and Marshall Esler - both of these experiences were awesome as Ohio State won both games. Our trips to the games in 2007 and 2008 were fun but definitely took a hit when Ohio State lost the championship games to Florida and LSU. Hopefully this year they'll finally get a bowl win over an SEC team.

I guess I'll end here. Again, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and wish you peace and blessing in 2011...Happy New Year!

Comments:
Now that Judd has his magic wand I think he should be able to magically conjure his first "real" job. Right Binks? Love Madge
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?