Saturday, November 06, 2010

 

Treatment #3.....

Just a short update today. I spent the last couple days receiving parts 1 and 2 of treatment #3. The good news is everything went well, no allergic reactions and as of now I'm feeling pretty good - not 100% but not bad all things considered. The better news is - IT'S WORKING!!! They reviewed my recent scans; there was no new activity and the previous nodes have all gotten smaller. Dr. Devine from the James Center at Ohio State also reviewed the scans and he recommended to continue the treatments and saw no immediate need to further consider a stem cell procedure at this time. So we're heading in the right direction, I'm halfway through this treatment schedule and hopefully by mid-February we'll be back to a more normal routine.

This past week I've been on the speaking circuit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; they've asked me to speak at some of their informational meetings for people interested in taking part in their Team in Training program. We had two very good and eager groups this week and hopefully many of them will decide to participate in the program. I've participated in TNT numerous times and it always touches me how people who have no connection to the mission of the LLS work so tirelessly for the Society. These people are the hope for people like me who live every day with a blood related cancer. If you've never taken part in a TNT event you are missing out on a tremendously rewarding experience. If you'd like to learn more about the program just let me know. Of course there are other ways to support the LLS. I plan to go back out to Lake Tahoe in June orf 2011 and take part in America's Most Beautiful Cycle Ride - I will provide you with numerous opportunities to support me in this effort. We can't rest until we've found the answers to all blood cancers!!!

I'd like to extend a belated Happy Birthday wish to our son, Judd, who turned 22 on Wednesday. I went up and took him and his girlfriend, Deven, out to dinner at a very nice Thai restaurant in the Oregon District in Dayton. Hard to believe our baby boy is 22!

Finally, it seems everyday we're learning of special people in our lives who are facing challenges with their health, employment or relationships. Please remember these people in your prayers. I know, first hand of the power of prayer and you have no idea how much hope your prayers may provide to someone special in your life. We're all here for each other, to touch each others lives and walk beside each other on our journeys. Say a prayer for everyone who is special to you, be thankful they are in your lives and never take for granted the reasons God has brought them to you.

Peace and blessings to all.

Vince

Comments:
Hi Vince
so glad the treatment is doing its job!!
been thinking about you and have been waiting for this great update.
You are quite an inspiration and continue in my prayers as you tackle this yucky disease. (don't you like my professional medical terminolgy:)
Love Maureen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?