Wednesday, November 24, 2010

 

Happy Thanksgiving....

I hope everyone is ready for Thanksgiving. I made one final trek to Kroger this morning and think I have everything I need for the big feast tomorrow. My brothers and their families are coming down as well as one of my sisters so we should have a group of about 20. I'll probably get some preliminary cooking out of the way this afternoon and then get the turkey going around 11 am tomorrow.

The boys got home from school yesterday and promptly spent the night at their cousins. I think I've seen them a combined 3 and a half minutes since they got home. Yesterday Abbey took a college visit at the University of Dayton. She has applied to about 7 different schools but I think Ohio State and Dayton are her top 2. I was very impressed with the Dean of the Engineering school at UD...he's someone I've known for a while but he really took the time to find out what Abbey's interests are and what he felt would be the best path for her to get there. I think Dayton has a great sense of community and making sure their students succeed and they also have a strong focus on the undergraduate student. At big research institutions like Ohio State, Purdue and Pittsburgh (3 other schools she is applying to) they are more focused on the PhD students....definitely something to think about while making a decision on where to attend.

I continue to feel well. My next round of treatments are set for December 1 and 2. After that there will only be 2 left. But first, I'm going to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday as I've been craving turkey, dressing, gravy and mashed potatoes for the past couple weeks. Wishing you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Vince

Comments:
Happy Thanksgiving from the Kurtz's. Our prayers are with you and your family as you travel through this journey.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?