Wednesday, June 02, 2010

 

Scans today/TV Characters....

This morning I was at Christ Hospital having CT scans done to determine the effect my recent Rituxan treatments had on the swollen lymph nodes in my abdomen. This was the first set back I've had since I was treated for lymphoma back in 2006. By most accounts, Rituxan has been very effective in treating follicular lymphoma cases that have resurfaced so I've tried not to let this episode bother me. But now that the scans have been taken and we're playing the 'wait for the results' game, I have to admit I'm a little nervous. I should be able to call Dr. Leming's office early next week to get the results. I also have a follow-up appointment set for June 23 to talk about how we'll move forward. Of course the first line of business is to have an 'unremarkable' CT scan; that will make any subsequent news a little easier to swallow. So we'll be on pins and needles the next several days waiting for the results. As always, your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Entertainment Magazine recently listed their top 100 characters of the past 20 years - this covered television and movies. I have no argument with the #1 character, Homer Simpson, and I guess I can see how Harry Potter could be #2. I don't have the list in front of me but I have to say there are quite a few questionable characters on the list. Since I've already listed my top movie characters, here is a list of my favorite television characters - this list doesn't just cover the past 20 years so it would be difficult to compare it against the Entertainment Magazine list....

1. Barney Fife from The Andy Griffith Show
2. Homer Simpson from The Simpsons
3. Archie Bunker from All in the Family
4. Felix Unger from The Odd Couple
5. Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld
6. Ted Baxter from The Mary Tyler Moore Show
7. Eric Cartman from South Park
8. Jim Ignatowski from Taxi
9. Michael Scott from The Office
10. Leonard Squigmond from Laverne and Shirley

Again, this is my list; it doesn't mean I'm right. And I guess this list is focused on comedies so if you want to call it my favorite television comedic characters that's fine, too. Feel free to list your own top ten but if you have Carrie Bradshaw anywhere on the list, as Entertainment Magazine did at #9, your list is seriously flawed and loses credibility from that point on. I'm sure there are characters I've overlooked but that's the beauty of making the lists in the first place!

I'll let you know when the CT results are in...thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!

Comments:
It's time to start administering the LSD with a shovel.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?