Thursday, May 20, 2010

 

Russell got what he deserved....except the $100,000...

Hopefully, we've seen the last of Russell on 'Survivor'. While the guy thinks he played the perfect game twice what he doesn't seem to realize is you have to attempt to endear yourself to the people who will ultimately vote on who will win the $1,000,000. Russell lied, badmouthed, bullied and flat out pissed off everyone in his path and then couldn't understand why no one voted for him. Watching this guy on back to back seasons is all I can handle of him and hopefully he'll go back to Texas and his oil company and never be heard from again.

On American Idol, it's down to Crystal and Lee. I thought Siobhan might make it to the final two but have to admit Lee has been improving week after week. He definitely deserves to be in the final and while I've been saying Crystal is the one to beat since this season began, Lee definitely has a chance, in fact, he may be more marketable than Crystal and appeal to a much broader audience.

This weekend we'll be riding 60 miles in preparation for the 145 mile trek on June 19. Next week we'll do 100 miles and we'll wind up our heavy training with a 120 mile ride on June 5. Things are going well and hopefully I'll be able to avoid any injuries as we lead up to the Ride to Montauk.

Finally, here are my top ten movie characters as I promised in my last post. Really no surprises probably since most are from some of my favorite all-time movies. My next list we'll be my top ten favorite suporting characters. Here's the list

10. Forrest Gump from Forrest Gump
9. Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind
8. Jefferson Smith from Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
7. Travis Bickel from Taxi Driver
6. Raymond Babbitt from Rainman
5. Terry Malone from On The Waterfront
4. Sonny Wortzig from Dog Day Afternoon
3. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
2. George Bailey from It's a Wonderful Life
1. Michael Corleone from The Godfather trilogy

Let me know some of your favorite characters if you get a chance!

Comments:
Russell will be back the next time they do one of these "all-star" shows.. He's too big of a personality to keep away.

Anyways, I figured since I participated in all of the other lists I would do my own top 10...


10. Chevy Chase's Clark Griswold from The Vacation Series
9. Jimmy Stewart's George Bailey from It's A Wonderful Life
8. Clint Eastwood's Blondie from The Good The Bad and the Ugly
7. E.T. from E.T.
6. Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs
5. Marlon Brando & Robert De Niro's Vito Corleone from The Godfather Parts I & II
4. Darth Vader from Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI
3. Christian Bale's Patrick Bateman from American Psycho
2. Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
1. Tom Hanks' Forrest Gump from Forrest Gump
 
Where's Lt. Aldo Raine?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?