Monday, May 24, 2010

 

Pushing the ABC employee/Supporting characters...

As I was sitting there watching Dancing With the Stars tonight and trying to figure out how Erin Andrews could actually have the same score as Nichole and worse yet, more points than Evan I realized that the fix is basically on. They announce Erin as an ESPN reporter but we all know that ESPN and ABC are both owned by Disney so judges votes for Erin are basically votes for the home company. Nichole and Evan are so much more talented than Erin but neither one is getting their paychecks signed by Mickey Mouse so I guess its up to America to show Len, Bruno And CARRIE ANN INABA who the real champs should be...anyone but Erin. I'm a little surprised that Len and Bruno would compromise their integrity to ramrod Erin through as champion but it's about what I expect from someone whose previous Hollywood credits include playing FukYu in the third installment of the Austin Powers series. C'mom, America, lets light up the phones for Nichole and Evan.

This weekend I only rode 60 miles but I'm looking forward to riding 100 miles this coming Saturday. I cut the ride short last weekend to attend the wedding of Monet and Ryan - Ryan is the son of Dick Saterlee, one of the guys I watch every, single Ohio State football game with. It was a beautiful wedding and I wish Monet and Ryan many, many years of happiness together.


I'm still holding steady at about $5,500 raised for the bike ride to Montauk. If you'd like to join in the fun and help defeat blood related cancers, shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell youi how you can make a contribution.

Finally, here are my top supporting movie roles of all time. Keep in mind, these are my top 10 roles, just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean I'm wrong, after all - IT'S MY LIST!!!

Here we go....

10. Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

9. Charles Grodin as Tony Abbott in Heaven Can Wait

8. Harvey Korman as Hedley Lamaar in Blazing Saddles

7. Haing S. Ngor as Dith Pran in The Killing Fields

6. Mary Badham as Jean Louise Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird

5. Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winfield in Pulp Fiction

4. Christopher Walken as Nick in The Deer Hunter

3. Madeline Kahn as Lily Von Schtupp in Blazing Saddles

2. Robert DeNiro as Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II

1. Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas

As soon as I'm able to watch District 9, I will rate the 10 films nominated for the best picture of 2009. I can tell you that right now, A Serious Man has all but sewn up the bottom spot on my list and I doubt District 9 will be able to unseat the movie at the top of my list - I won't give it away totally but the film does have the word UP in the title. Until next time, peace and blessings to all.

Comments:
10. Brad Pitt's Mickey "The One Punch Machine-Gun" Oneil from Snatch.
9. Aaron Ruell's Kip Dynamite from Napoleon Dynamite
8. Javier Bardem's Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men
7. Frank Oz's Yoda from The Star Wars TRILOGY
6. Heath Ledger's The Joker from The Dark Knight
5. Morgan Freeman's "Red" from The Shawshank Redemption
4. Joe Peschi's Tommy DeVito from Goodfellas
3. Samuel L. Jackson's Jules Winfield from Pulp Fiction
2. James Caan's Sonny Corleone from the Godfather: Part I
1. Andy Serkis' Gullom from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?