Sunday, May 09, 2010

 

Happy Mother's Day...

To all you mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day! With the boys away, it was a somewhat different kind of Mother's Day than we're used to having. We did go down to Julie's mom's but the crowd was somewhat small and we didn't have the customary grill out that we used to have from year to year. This year it was LaRosa's pizza and deserts. I was happy that the boys did call and it will be nice to have them both home in just a couple of days; on Tuesday Judd will be coming home from his trip to Florida and I'll be heading over to St. Louis to pick up Aaron. So it's time to stock up on groceries and get ready for our water bill (and dirty laundry baskets) to double in size.

Our baking group did close to 80 miles yesterday. My legs felt good but my shoulders and rear end got very sore by the end of the ride. We are only 6 weeks away from our the 'Ride to Montauk' and Coach Vivian says we will build to 125 miles before we go. I'm going to try to put in at least 200 miles per week over the next 6 weeks and hopefully by the time June 19 rolls around my butt will be ready to go (literally and figurtively) the whole 145 miles.

I was really proud of Abbey and Laurin running the half marathon last week. They finished in 2 hours and 40 minutes and the weather was absolutely brutal. It poured down rain for the first hour and then Abbey's socks got so wet her feet were blistered from mile 5 on. They toughed it out and were both smiling when they crossed the finish line. I was able to see them when they went by my 'scream station' at mile 10 and Julie, Jeanne and Steve followed them around the course. Hopefully they'll make this an annual tradition and who knows, maybe someday they'll do the entire 26.2 mile course.

I'll keep it short tonight. I'm not doing a very good job of blogging lately but I've got some good topic ideas bouncing around in my head so hopefully there will be more activity in the upcoming weeks. The problem is I get these ideas and then forget to write them down. Wishing everyone the best.

Vince

Comments:
Hi Vinnie,
Just wanted you to know that we're still reading your blogs. You're a very good writer! We're proud of how hard you work for the cause. Enjoy the kids when they get home. We've love having Billy back but I just realized that this summer I will be moving Abby to her own place, and Kristi and Billy will be going to houses at their colleges. That will be very strange.
Keep writing!
Love ya,
Mary
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?