Wednesday, April 14, 2010

 

Treatment #2 goes wa-a-a-a-a-ay smoother, still takes 7 hours!!!

Well, there was no alelregic reaction to Rituxan treatment #2 but it still took 7 hours for the bag to drip into my somewhat, defective port. Yes, it now appears that the only way my port is going to work is through the aid of an electrical pump that beeps non-stop...and remember what I said in the first line - it took 7 hours; non-stop beeping for 7 hours. Fortunately, they gave me a double dose of Benadryl prior to the Rituxan which knocked me out for more than 2 hours so I only had to lisiten to 5 hours of beeping. I can tell you all my neighbors down at the chemo parlor were ecstatic when my treatment was over, they cheered in unison when I left. Bottom line, after 2 visits and 14 and a half hours of the steady drip, drip drip of Rituxan, I only have two more sessions (and most likely 14 hours) to go. My next visit will be Thursday, April 22, so if you need to reach me give me a call on my cell phone - I'll most likely be sleeping.

Thanks to my colleagues, Anne Ernst and Brian Maley, for bringing me lunch today; a fine combination of a Wendy's single, fries and a diet Coke. They even got my burger toppings correct - there probably aren't many who order a single with cheese, lettuce pickles and mayo but it works for me.

I got home and mowed the lawn; now I'm baking a couple items for our office's back sale tomorrow. My Pecan Pie just popped out of the oven and the Pineapple Upside Down Bundt cake should be done in about 5 minutes. I forget what the proceeds go for, I just hope my baked goods aren't the last to get sold. I better price them to sell.

Really proud of our Abbey girl - she was selected for the National Honor Society today. Tomorrow she's doing her campaign speech as she's running for class office. She's been the class VP this year and really doesn't care what role she's elected to - she just wants to be an officer her senior. She asked me for some suggestions for her speech but I'm hoping she doesn't take my advice....she might get laughed off stage. Although for a school full of girls, that might be the response she's looking for. So here's hoping all goes well for Abbs tomorrow - either way, with apologies to every one who has one, Abbey is our favorite 17 year old girl in the world; we're very proud of her.

Been watching all the reality shows...here's a brief synopisis...

Dancing With the Stars - How does Kate continue to avoid elimination? She is easily the worst of the bunch, she has a shitty attitude and I'm still trying to figure out how a woman who exploits her children for profit and gain is considered a star. I think Chad Ocho Cinco has gotten better but I also think he's sleeping with his partner. My guess is that Nichole from the Pussycat Dolls and Evan the Olympic gold medalist will wind up in first and second place.

American Idol - I really think there are only three singers who can win; Crystal, Siobhan and Casey...if anyone else wins the voters screwed up. Katie and Andrew were shown the door tonight - Mike will most likely go next week unless they do Marvin Gaye night. Tim will get votes from the teeny boppers as will the other teenager who's so distinct that I can't recall his name. Lee is pretty good, he just lacks charisma. That leaves someone who will battle it out Lee for 4th and 5th place.

Survivor - Anyone but Russell is my motto. I actually think the Villains will go into the merge with numbers, they'll knock off the Heroes one after the other and the final 3 will be Villains. Something tells me Sandra will win again; she's coniving, sneaky and not nearly as dumb as Russell thinks she is. He'll underestimate her and she'll take him out. Just my hunch.

Oh well, Jules needs the computer. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers...I truly appreciate your support. Also thanks to everyone who stepped up and contributed to my Team In Training effort - I'm now close to $4500 and hope to keep adding on to the total right up to the day of the ride. The winner of the first of 4 Vince Hopkins Greatest Hit's CD's is Ed and Jane Riestenberg - now I guess I better get busy burning them! Another drawing next week - make a donation and you'll be entered in the drawing.

One last thing, I have to thank one of the boys on my football team, Matthew Halas, for sending me a very nice note and the DVD 'Miracle' to watch at one of my treatments. His note made my day and I really thank him for thinking about and praying for me. Thanks so much, Matt!

Here's a link to my TNT page....

http://pages.teamintraining.org/soh/montauk10/vhopkins

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?