Monday, April 19, 2010

 

Happy Anniversary/Abbey wins the election....

Tomorrow, April 20, Julie and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! Hard to believe its been 25 years but when you think of everything that's happened since 1985, I guess its not that unimaginable. Think about this; in April of 1985 Pete Rose was still 5 months away from being Major League Baseball's Hit King. Amadeus had just been named Best Picture. Villanova had just won the NCAA championship. Ronald Reagan was president. None of the nieces and nephews on my side of the family had even been born. The Space Shuttle explosion would occur 10 months later. Jack Nicklaus would win his final major tournament at the Masters about a year later. We would move to Cincinnati in November of '85, Mason in June of '87 and we built our current home iduring the summer of '91.

It's been a wonderful 25 years. We've been blessed with three beautiful and unique children. Two are now in college and the baby will be college searching next school year. We are inching closer and closer to being empty-nesters. We've shared many wonderful memories, hopefully there are many, many memories yet to come. I thank Julie sharing her life with me, for supporting me through some difficult times recently and simply for being my best friend. I have been very blessed to have her in my life.

Following up on my last post, Abbey WAS voted class president for her senior year at MND! She thought she bombed her campaign speech but it must have been good enough to win the most votes. I don't know what the president of the class does but it is awesome that her classmates thought enough of her to vote her into that role. Needless to say we're very proud of her.

Other than that, there's not much else to report. I'll have treatment #3 on Thursday and then I'll be down to just one more to go. I'm going to schedule the final treatment for April 30. I'm feeling pretty good, I rode 57 miles on Saturday with little trouble. I'm actually getting stronger going up the hills, I think I have my legs pretty well conditioned and really all I have to do is keep pedaling. I still am planning to do the 145 mile when we head to New York City for the ride.

Oh well, I'll keep it short tonight. Thanks for checking in and thanks to everyone for supporting the LLS ride, I just crossed the $5000 mark in funds raised!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?