Sunday, March 21, 2010

 

March Madness/CT Scan and follow-up appointment...

First, I know I haven't posted for a couple weeks but I've been watching a lot of reality TV and basketball games so I haven't been able to visit my blog. A couple weeks ago, right before the Academy Awards, I posted my predictions for the Oscars and did fairly well, only missing on 2 predictions. Since the show, I watched Inglorious Basterds and have to admit it was very good. It was a bit bloody and violent but very entertaining. Brad Pitt as a Nazi hunter from Tennessee trying to pass himself off as French makes the movie worth watching by itself but there are many other classic performances, most notably Christoph Waltz as the jew-hunting opposition to Pitt. Definitely worth renting or putting on your queue for Netflix.

I hope you're all enjoying March Madness. For, me it started when Ohio State's Even Turner drilled a 35 foot jumper in the Big Ten Tournament to knock off upset-minded, Michigan. Turner has had a phenomenal junior year and it would be a crime if he were not selected the college basketball player of the year. This afternoon I'll watch Ohio State and Xavier in the NCAA tournament, hopefully they'll both advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Xavier has a chance to avenge last year's loss to Pitt in the Sweet Sixteen and the Buckeyes will be taking on a very athletic Georgia Tech team.

Next to college football in the fall, March Madness is my favorite time of year. Watching underdogs like Northern Iowa beat the supposedly invincible Kansas Jayhawks is what it's all about. I doubt there is a kid on Northern Iowa who was recruited by Kansas and yet when they got together on the court, it didn't matter. Kansas got caught up in reading their press clippings, NIU believed in themselves. I loved every second of the game, especially the shots of the stunned Jayhawks and their fans when the games was over. I could care less about my bracket; there is nothing quite like watching a team that has everything stacked against them pull off the ultimate upset. Here's hoping Duke and Kentucky meet a similar fate.

On Friday I had my 6 month CT scan taken at Christ Hospital. I feel fine and don't expect any surprises but obviously won't know the results until my appointment with Dr. Leming on Wednesday. Any prayers you'd like to send my way would certainly be appreciated.

Other than that, things are going pretty well. Abbey is on a mission trip this weekend while Judd and Aaron are back at school following their spring breaks. We look forward to everyone being home for Easter. I hope all is well with you and your family and will do my best to post again in the near future but with Chad Ochocinco dancing tomorrow night on Dancing With the Stars, it probably won't be tomorrow night! Go Bucks, go Muskies, go whoever is played Duke and Kentucky!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?