Saturday, March 06, 2010

 

Academy Award predictions/Spring break/Etc.....

With the big show on tomorrow, here are my predictions for this year's Oscars.

Adapted Screenplay - Precious
Original Screenplay - Inglorious Basterds
Musical Score - Up
Animated Film - Up
Avatar will win a bunch of technical awards
Supporting Actor - Christopher Waltz, Inglorious Basterds
Supporting Actress - Mo'Nique, Precious
Actor - Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
Actress - Meryl Streep, Julie and Julia
Director - Katherine Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
Best Picture - The Hurt Locker

We'll see how it all plays out tomorrow. If I missed any, it will probably be Sandra Bullock for Best Actress.

Right now, Judd and Aaron are both on spring break. Judd has been in Florida and will be home late this evening - he'll need to be bsck to school on Monday. Aaron got home last night and is off next week. Hopefully the boys will be able to spend a little time together before Judd has to go back to school. I think the plan is for us all to be home tomorrow night to watch the Oscars.

I had a freak accident last night. I was over at the Bruces' getting a beer out of their refrigerator in the garage and accidentally jam my nose into a garbage can. Don't ask how it happened, let's just say it was dark and I couldn't see where I was going. So now, I have a pretty good sized abrasion on my nose and my guess is it will look a lot uglier before it looks any better. Thankfully I don't need to get my license renewed.

I've finally had an opportunity to see the new 'cast' of American Idol. I think the girls are stronger than the guys and would not be surprised if 4 of the final 5 are women. Right now I'd list Crystal as the leader; she's got a unique style and appears to be one of the few singers who knows what she wants to be. I also think Lily is an early contender, I just don't think she's as good a singer as Crystal. Big Mike and Casey are my two favorites on the guys side; the rest of the guys are pretty standard - nothing really unique about them. And then there's Siobhan. I thought she was a little odd at first and she still is a bit quirky but she also can sing. She has a huge voice, doesn't appear to be phony and if she can polish up her act a bit; it wouldn't surprise me if she wins the whole thing. I guess we'll see how they progress.

I guess that's it for now. We'll see how my Oscar predicitons go - if you want to add your own, feel free! One more thing, Congrats to the Xavier Musketeers for winning their 4th straight Atlantic 10 conference championship - now let's see them (and Ohio State!!) win a few games in the NCAA!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?