Sunday, January 24, 2010

 

The Results are in....

If you haven't been following the last 10 days; Judd, my brother Rich and I have been ranking our top 100 songs of all time. Yesterday we revealed our top 10's and there were two songs that made all three lists; Queen's epic and highly imaginative, Bohemian Rhapsody and Simon and Garfunkel's all-time classic, Bridge Over Troubled Water. The #1's were....

Me: Let it Be - The Beatles
Judd: Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
Rich: Imagine - John Lennon

Imagine also scored high on my list as my #2 song while Judd didn't list it in his top 100. Other songs getting praise from all three of us were Hey Jude and Like A Rolling Stone. As we've said from the start, the mark of a great song is it's able to stand the test of time so it should come as no surprise that only 3 of the songs listed in our top tens were made after 1980 with two of those songs coming from Sublime (both on Judd's list).

It's been fun comparing lists and with the Academy Award nominations coming in about 10 days, I'm going to do my top 100 movies next. If Judd and Rich want to join in, that would make it a little more interesting. Look for #100 - #91 in the very near future.

Now excuse me, it's time to watch two teams I could care less about, New York and Indianapolis, battle for a spot in the Super Bowl - I think the Colts will win but will be pulling for the Jets since they have more former Ohio State Buckeyes on their team. Colts have the ball, first and ten on the 30 yard line - I'm outta here.

Comments:
I had three songs from post 80's.. The slightly stoopid song is recent.
Anyhow, I already have my movies ready to go. So as soon as you're ready, I'll have 100-91 ready.
 
Top 100 movies could be even more subjective than the song list!

I will make this one solenm vow... I will not place Citizene Kane in my Top 100.... (I've never seen the movie... but I bet Rosebud is his sled.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?