Tuesday, May 12, 2009

 

Hail to the Vice President and other news....

Yesterday was the election for class officers at Mount Notre Dame High School and our very own, Abbey Hopkins, was elected to serve as junior class vice president next school year! She was treasurer this past year so she's moving up in the world. I'm not exactly sure what the office entails but she was elected by her peers so it's a very nice feather in her cap! Needless to say, Julie and I are very proud of our little vice president.

Aaron is down to the final few days of his senior year - his graduation is next Wednesday provided he gets all his overdue work in. I know we'll all be ecstatic when this school year is over - it has been quite a struggle. I don't think there has ever been a more severe case of senior-itis. Hopefully Aaron will kick things back in gear next fall as a freshman at St. Louis University - he says he will; I guess we'll see about that!

Judd came home from school on May 1st and had a pretty solid sophomore year. He was excited last night because he learned he got the highest grade out of all his classmates on his Typography final. I'm just glad that I never had to take a Typography final - I doubt I would have aced it. Next fall Judd is going to be an RA at UD which makes Julie and I very happy because it should save us about $10,000 in room and board fees. I think that's what it cost for me my entire 4 years at Ohio State!

Friday is the finals for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Man and Woman of the Year Campaign - this is the 3rd year in a row that I've been the chaiman for this event and it will be interesting to see how our candidates have done this year given the difficult stretch we've had economically. Hopefully we'll still be able to hit our budget of $204,000; I've heard that a couple candidates are dong very well so if the others can at least match the average, we should come close to the budget.

I'm also training to participate in the Fletcher Flyer Century Ride next month in North Carolina. Last week we rode 70 miles on our training ride and this weekend we'll do 75. Our team is hoping to raise close to $60,000 for the LLS and we'll be joined by numerous other Team In Training Teams from across the country when we go to North Carolina. If you'd like to read a little more about this event, just click on the link below. (There's also a nice picture of the family from my 50th birthday party back in October.)

http://pages.teamintraining.org/soh/fletchr09/vhopkins

I hope all is well with you and your family. Peace and blessings to all!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?