Friday, January 30, 2009

 

Lets Go Cardinals...

I have to admit, I'm really not a fan of either team playing in the Super Bowl this weekend. I mean, the Steelers are the most bitter rival of my pathetic Bengals and the Cardinals are probably the only team that has actually been worse than Cincinnati since Mike Brown took over as president in the early 1990's. So I really haven't been looking forward to the big game with much anticipation. Then today I got an e-mail about a grocery store stock boy from Cedar Falls, Iowa named Kurtis who appears to be one of the all time good guys out there (and also turned out to be Cardinals QB, Kurt Warner) so now I have a rooting interest; lets go Cardinals! While Ben Roethlisberger was out tooling around helmetless on his motorcycle and nearly killing himself, Warner was setting up foundations for those less fortunate. He came to the aid of Iowans who were devastated by last summer's floods. He is very involved with the Special Olympics in support of his adopted son who has Downs Syndrome. His faith and family comes first. This is the guy I want to root for. It's very possible Sunday's Super Bowl will be the last game Kurt Warner plays, if so - I hope he goes out a winner. Many say a second Super Bowl win would solidify Warner's credentials for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That may be true but this guy's life should be defined by more than what he did on the football field - in a sport where morons like Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress, Chris Henry and Pac Man Jones get all the attention for all the wrong reasons, Kurt Warner should be promoted as the NFL's ultimate role model for all the right reasons.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?