Friday, October 24, 2008

 

SURPRISE!!!! I'm 50....

Yes, today is my 50th birthday. I know it's hard to believe. Especially when you consider how young I look, right?! (Be nice.)

Last Friday Julie threw a surprise party for me and it was an awesome time. She really got me - I had no idea what was going on until I entered the building and saw everyone stading around with a mask of my face. Pretty scary, huh? Thanks to everyone who was able to attend and make it a truly memorable birthday. I was really touched by the number of people who were able to attend, I was blown away. (and quite tired the next day!)

Today, we'll probably keep it low key. We do have a busy weekend as Judd has a club volleyball game, Abbey's field hockey team is in the state quarterfinals and I'm heading to the OSU/Penn State game tomorrow night. So, we'll probably lay low tonight since we'll obviously be doing a lot of running around tomorrow.

For those of you dreading hitting the big 5-0, it's really not that bad. Hell, three years ago I wondered if I'd even make it to 50 so to me, every birthday is a blessing.

Hope all is well with all of you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Go Bucks!!!

Comments:
Prince - I got your message - so good to hear from you. Murray Bannerman and Doug Kishbaugh have been asking about you for years.

I've meant to write you but could not find your e-mail address - can you send it along? Would love to coorespond. I've been talking to Rich (Stoney Curtis) Hopkins recently - he was kind enough to invite me to your surprise party and i would not have missed it but for a family thing with my son - I figured you'd understand. Sounded like a blast and a well-deserved tribute to a terrific guy.

Anyway drop me your e-mail - mine is: kevin.thornton@constellation.com.

As always, if you "F" with my car, you "F" with me.

Best,
Joe Balog
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?