Monday, May 19, 2008

 

80+ miles is a breeze...

OK, so maybe riding 80+ miles on a bike isn't exactly a breeze but I was able to complete our final tune-up for Tahoe and due to a couple wrong turns, actually rode closer to 85 miles this past Saturday. I'll admit I was a bit sore and extremely tired at the completion of the ride but I do feel pretty confident that I'll be able to complete the 100 mile trip around Lake Tahoe on June 1. We'll have one more group session next Saturday, probably 20-25 miles, belfore we load up the bikes and ship them to Tahoe. This has been a great experience and I've really enjoyed getting the miles in the past few months; I've definitely found a new hobby.

My fundraising has gone very well. I'm close to the $7000 mark, about $2500 over the original goal. I would like to hit $7500 so if you have not made a contribution; there's still time to do it. Just follow the link to my web page...

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsoh/tntsohVHopkin

Finally, we had a huge night at the 2008 Man and Woman of the Year event to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Last year we raised over $230,000 which was a record locally but this year we almost doubled that amount, $430,000!!! I don't know how we'll top that amount next year but we'll worry about that then.

Hope all is well with everyone as we head toward the Memorial Day weekend. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes out in Tahoe. Thanks to everyone for your support!!!

Vince

Comments:
Good words.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?