Thursday, April 17, 2008

 

April 17, an anniversary worth celebrating...

It's now been two years since I got the phone call from Dr. Leming informing me that he was looking at a very 'boring' PET scan. Translated, he was saying there were no visible signs of lymphoma in my scans...boring, in this case, was a very good thing. I don't know how I'll celebrate but I do know April 17 is a date I will look forward to every year! Two years ago at this very moment we were being told that my blood counts were too low to receive a chemo treatment and a little more than 5 hours later, at about 4:42 pm, I got the call from Dr. Leming; talk about being on an emotional rollercoaster. But the end result was, the treatments were working. We were obviously heading in the right direction.

I remember going to Judd's volleyball game at Roger Bacon later that day and telling him the great news. It was quite a contrast from when I had to break the other news to him six months earlier. I recall all the parents coming up and giving me a hug throughout the match. I also remember Judd not playing well and getting yanked in the second game...normally that would have ticked me off but nothing was going to spoil the day. Topping it all off, I remember Mike and Marybeth Emming treating Julie and me to a celebratory Blizzard at the St. Bernard Dairy Queen following the match. So maybe that's what I'll do to celebrate today; after work I think I'll swing by the St. Bernard Dairy Queen and get myself a Heath bar Blizzard!

Thanks to everyone for your continuede support!

Vince

Comments:
Vince,
so glad all is going well. I read this blog regularly. I remember that Roger Bacon game very well!!! It was great news!

So when are we getting together for volleyball game? I believe you are the social chair!! :)

:) Maureen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?