Monday, January 14, 2008

 

Just wait till next year/a little publicity...

Well, once again the Buckeyes have achieved 'bridesmaid' status. We had a great time down in New Orleans if you exclude the outcome of the football game! At least this year I left the game thinking that the Buckeyes could have won had they not made so many stupid and uncharacteristic mistakes. Nevertheless, it looks like most of the juniors will return for their senior year and who knows, maybe they'll wind up in Miami next year playing for the championship again - as they always say; the third time is the charm!

You may have already seen it but there was a nice article in the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning about my volunteer work. I've attached a link if you'd like to read the story. I will make one disclaimer...I wasn't interviewing to be a car salesman! (You'll see what I mean in the story.) When we first moved to Cincinnati, Julie's Aunt Ruthie set me up with a series of interviews to help me meet some people and possibly get a few job leads. One of the interviews was with the car dealer, Bob Pulte. I had no desire or interest to be a car salesman but Ruthie was nice enough to set the meeting up so I couldn't back out of it. Anyway, Pulte gave me a 'sales test' and I failed it, big time. He told me I was perfectly suited to serve and that I should remain at the restaurant where I was working...'You're perfect for that!', he said. I was kind of ticked off at him for that but as I reflect back on my career and the things I've done, he was right.

Here's the article...thanks for checking in!!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080114/NEWS01/801140357/1056/COL02

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?