Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 

December 17, 2007....

I just wanted to update everyone on my doctor's visit yesterday...the scans looked great; everything has remained stable and a couple of the nodes that were a bit larger due to scarring also continue to shrink. My blood work came back fine and there were no problems receiving my Rituxin treatment. So I'm good for another 3 months! Dr. Lemming said I'll probably have a few more treatments and then they'll cut them off and see how I do. He says I'm getting boring to look at and that's a good thing. My next scans will take place sometime in June.

Yesterday was also an anniversary of sorts for Julie and me. It was 24 years ago, December 17, 1983, that we made our first date. We were working together at the Cork N' Cleaver Restaurant in Dayton, Ohio and December 17 was her last day of employment; she had received a promotion at NCR and no longer had to work a second job. So that night was our employee Christmas party and she stuck around for the party. I took the time to congratulate her on her promotion and the next thing you knew, we were making a date. A few days later, December 22, we went to see 'Terms of Endearment' and the rest is history. I have no idea if we would have ever seen each other again had we not talked the night of the party - I've always felt it was meant to be! It's been a wonderful 24 years; we have three beautiful children and thousands of special memories and it all started innocently enough, making small talk at a Christmas party. I doubt either one of us in our wildest dreams felt we were talking to our future husband and wife; it just kind of happened and it has been the greatest 24 years of my life. (I hope Julie would say the same thing!)

I wish you all a blessed Christmas season...I know with the news from yesterday, ours will be a lot more relaxed. Thanks for your continued support....God's peace and our love to you all.

Comments:
You make me cry. Yes, they have been the best 24 years of my life! Love you, Me
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?