Friday, December 21, 2007

 

Angels Watching Over Me....

Yesterday I received a Christmas card from a man I've had the honor to get to know as a result of my work at Xavier University. Roger Grein is a local businessman and philanthropist. He is one of the most generous and giving persons I've ever met. He has a truly amazing and inspiring story and over the past few years he has become a great friend.

Enclosed in his Christmas card was a column he recently wrote for The Catholic Telegraph. In the column he talks about his life and how angels have always been there for him, especially at times of great need. The final few lines of the column reads...'But I'm under no illusion I succeeded on my merits alone. The wings of angels lifted me. You're one of those angels. And so am I.' In the clipping he sent to me, Roger highlighted the line...'You're one of those angels.' This touched me a great deal. I consider myself blessed to know Roger and I'm humbled that he considers me an angel in his life.

At the same time, Roger reminds me that I also need to give thanks where thanks are due. These past couple years have seen numerous ups and downs. There have been many scary and sometimes lonely moments. But Roger reminds me that I truly never was on this journey alone; I've made it to where I am thanks to the angels in my life. Chances are if you're reading this you're one of my angels, and I thank you for being there.

Following is a link to Roger's column. Wishing you all a blessed Christmas season.

Vince

http://www.catholiccincinnati.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=369&Itemid=823

Comments:
Simply Awesome Vince! Julie's had many angels in her life as well. I've had many in mine too. We couldn't do it without them.
Happy New Year! That was beautiful.
Mary Wersel
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?