Monday, November 26, 2007

 

Well, she's stumped them again...

Thanks to everyone who has enquired about my Julie's mom, Viv Riestenberg, since my last post. It would be difficult to recap everything that has happened over the past couple weeks but the good news is, they no longer suspect that her lung cancer has returned. She's gone through countless tests and spent close to a week in the hospital and during most of the time, she had all the medical experts stumped. There was talk of lung cancer, pnuemonia, heart failure - if you didn't like the diagnosis one hour all you had to do was wait around for another doctor to show up and he'd have another theory. I've heard so many things that I'm not really sure what the final word was but I do know it had something to do with her lungs, she's been treated and has moved from the hospital. She's in good spirits and feeling a lot better.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. A large portion of the Hopkins family came down to our house for the day. Somehow I tweaked my back and spent most of the weekend watching football games. Next Saturday I'm going to be perched in front of the TV watching my new, second favorite team - the Oklahoma Sooners - hopefully beat Missouri for the Big 12 Championship in football. If that happens, our Ohio State Buckeyes should be heading back to the National Championship game.

Looking forward to the holidays....

Vince

Comments:
Great news Vince. You and your family have been in my prayers. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and go Sooners! (also want the Buckeyes to head to national championship game!
Maureen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?