Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

49 and counting...

Yes, today is my 49th birtday! We'll be celebrating by going out to dinner and then going to the musical, 'Annie'. I hope everyone likes it, I think Abbey and Julie will but I'm a little worried about Aaron. He did like 'Wicked' so I guess there's hope. The tickets to the show were actually a birthday gift for Abbey, it just worked out that the best night to do was tonight - so we'll celebrate both birthdays.

This weekend we're heading up to UD for Family Weekend. Judd says he has a big surprise for us; I can't imagine what it is. He's mentioned it several times so he's pretty proud of himself. I guess I'll have to report back following the weekend.

Nice to see all the hot weather out of here...now if it would only quit raining! I remember my birthday in 1975 was a lot like today. My high school football team had played in Massillon the night before and it rained the entire day. The next day, we drove home and it was cold and damp, just like today. Ironically, the Boston Red Sox were playing in the World Series back then, too. Their opponents, the Cincinnati Reds. Game Six was supposed to be played the night of October 24 but it was cancelled due to rain and was played a couple nights later....that was the game which featured Carlton Fisk's dramatic home run and has often been called the greatest World Series game of all time. I believe it was actually played on October 26. I'm sure any of you reading this outside of Cincinnati could care less but for those of you who grew up following the Big Red Machine, I'm sure you'll all remember where you were that night. Well I can do it one better because I remember where I was the day the game was actually supposed to be played....on a bus heading down I-71 hoping to get home in time to watch game 6 of the 1975 World Series....which as we now know was postponed for two days.

Hope all is well!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?