Tuesday, June 12, 2007

 

Another 'boring' CT scan....

Just an update following my appointment yesterday. There were no changes in my CT scans; the neck was normal, the abdomen was normal and the only node in the pelvic region that is not normal has been the same size since last April and it was determined at that time that it was larger due to scarring. The PET scans revealed no hyperbolic activity. So, as Dr. Leming likes to say, it was a 'boring' scan. My blood test was also fine. Platlettes were a little low but nothing to be concerned about.

I had another Rituxin treatment which took about 3.5 hours. Everything went smoothly. Since my scans have been very consistent since last April, Dr. Leming said he won't do another scan for 6 months. I will get a Rituxin maintenance treatment in September.

I still have joint aches from time to time. Dr. Leming said he hears alot of this, particularly in breast cancer patients. He is running another blood test to check in to this. Maybe there is a medication that can help with this. It is more annoying than anything but if there is something I could take to ease it al ittle that would be nice.

So, it looks like we're clear through the summer. Today is actually the one year anniversary since my last chemo treatment! It's hard to believe its actually been an entire year. I can tell you I don't miss the chemo or all the shots I had to take. I remember being pretty wiped out last June. I've recently started to feel a lot stronger in my running and I'm also planning to do bike rides on the weekends. Anyone interested in going about 40 - 50 miles, let me know. I only did 10 miles last Saturday but I know I should be able to work up from that in a pretty speedy fashion.

We're trying to get our vacation situation worked out. We bought a vacation home for a week at a fundraiser but the guy who owns it has not been very responsive to my e-mails. We'd like to go to Hilton Head but the guy won't confirm with us. It's getting a little frustrating! With Judd heading to college in August, we'd like to do something nice before then.

Finally, I'd like to request your prayers for Julie's mom, Viv Riestenberg. She's been dealing with some recent health issues and they're trying to decide the best thing to do for her. She has some blocked arteries which are causing dizzyness, etc. She probably should have surgery but since she had major surgery in August of 2005, they're not sure if her heart and lungs could handle it. I know she's pretty frustrated with all of this and hopefully they'll be able to put together a course of action that ease some of the frustration. Viv was a real inspiration to me when I was going through my treatments last year; how can you not be inspired by a person who actually was evicted from Hospice!! She's been through so much and I pray there is something they can do to make her more comfortable.

I'll keep in touch! I wish everyone safe travels this summer. Peace and blessings to all!!!

Vince

Comments:
Hi Vince,
So glad to hear that your scans were good. Enjoy the rest of the summer. Looking forward to seeing you at some more graduation parties!
Diane
 
Thank God for "boring"...literally!
Have a restful, wonderful, blessed "forever"
Bob and Judy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?