Monday, May 07, 2007

 

596th out of 622....

Yesterday was the Flying Pig Marathon and our Churchladies team made a fine showing, coming in 596th place out of a possible 622 teams. How impressive is that? Actually, we had a great time and I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this wonderful event. Our team was able to raise over $11,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I think we're all motivated to go out and do it again next year.

This Friday (May 11) is the finals for the LLS Man and Woman of the Year campaign. Jimmy Judd (Julie's brother) is one of the Man of the Year candidates and he's in the final push of his campaign. We also have a good friend, Dom Pitocco, who is also a candidate. Our goal is to raise over $140,000 through this event so I'm looking forward to seeing the results on Friday.

Judd's volleyball team remains undefeated at 22-0. This past weekend the were the champs of the Buckeye Classic tournament, which featured 48 teams from 4 states and Canada. There are only two regular season matches left before the state tournament. Two years ago their JV team went undefeated; it would be awesome to see them go undefeated for their senior year, as well.

I hope everyone is out enjoying this beautiful weather. I've been having a little probelm with my back and I think the run yesterday aggravated it a bit. I may need to go on the injured list for a week to give myself a little time to recuperate.

I'd like to ask everyone to say a prayer for our pastor at St. Susanna, Fr. Dan Shuh. He was recently diagnosed with ALS and I'm sure he would appreciate everyone's support at this very difficult time.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in our fundraising campaign for the LLS - you are all awesome!

Peace and Blessings....

Vince

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?