Monday, April 16, 2007

 

University of Dayton Relay for Life...

This weekend Judd, Aaron and I participated in the University of Dayton's Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society (ACS). The boys were picking up some much needed service hours and I went up to take part in the 'Survivor's lap' which kicked off the 18 hour event. I have to admit it was very moving to take that lap with other cancer survivors - the students all lined the course and applauded as we walked by. The weather conditions were horrible and I have to salute the UD students who took time out of their bust schedules to participate on such a crappy day. I'd like to especially thank my nieces, Ellen Riestenberg and Lauren Bruce, for putting together a team and raising money for the ACS. The overall goal for the event was to raise $70,000 and the organizers I talked with said they were very close to achieving that total.

Tomorrow is a very important anniversary. Last year on April 17, Dr. Leming called me with the results of my latest CT and PET scans which revealed no visible signs lymphoma. It started out a pretty bad day as I was not able to receive a treatment due to my low blood counts but hearing the news that the treatments were working provided a much needed boost. It's hard to believe its actually been a year.

Finally Happy Birthday wishes go out to my brother-in-law, Steve Bruce, who inches another year closer to the big 5-0! Have a great one, Frankie, and may you have many more.

I hope everyone has great week...I also hope all the lousy weather is finally behind us...the past two weeks have not been pretty!

My best to all!

Vince

Comments:
Thanks Carl, that birthday comment is pretty misleading... 48 is along way from 50:o)

Great job on the relay.

Frankie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?