Friday, April 13, 2007

 

The Churchladies fundraising efforts....

Just a quick update on the Churchladies fundraising efforts. As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, a wonderfull group of family and friends (The Churchladies) have entered three relay teams in the upcoming Flying Pig Marathon and have been raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The goal is to raise $10,800 and I'm happy to report that we're closing in on that amount. We have received donations from over 100 people and are about $1500 away from reaching the $10,800 goal. To everyone who has generously contributed to this cause, we sincerely thank you for your very kind support. To those of you who would still like to make a contribution, there's still time to do so! Simply click on the following link and you will go to the Churchladies web site where you can make a contribution.

My plan is to run the final leg of the relay. I was progressing well toward that goal but unfortunately strained my back earlier this week bringing my training to a screeching halt. I've done this before and it usually takes about a week for my back to recover but right now it still hurts quite a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to running sometime next week.

Tomorrow Judd, Aaron and I are heading up to UD to participate in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Our nieces, Ellen and Lauren, have a team and the boys are going to participate with them to earn service hours for school. I'm going to walk with other cancer survivors on the first lap and if the weather is as cold as they're forcasting, I think I'll retreat to warmer conditions.

Here is the link to make a contribution. Thanks again to everyone who has generously supported this very important cause...

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsoh/churchladies

My best to all!

Vince

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?