Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

April 4, 2007...

It's now been a year and a half since my diagnosis. Hard to believe its been 18 months but then I think back to every thing that has happened since October 4, 2005 and it seems like 5 years. I think the best thing I can report right now is that I continue to get stronger with my running and I've also been able to drop about 12-13 pounds since my doctor's appointment a month ago. The two probably go hand in hand.

We had a great day on Monday - we went to the Reds opening day with the Bruces and then had some friends and family over to watch OSU in the championship basketball game. If it wasn't for the University of Florida, the Buckeyes would be celebrating their second national championship in 3 months...instead, its the Gators who are celebrating. Still, its been an incredible year for Ohio State and I'll make the following predicition; if Greg Oden returns for his sophomore season, OSU will start the season #1 and could go undefeated. Of course, that's a BIG IF!!!

We're looking forward to following the boys' sports teams this spring. Judd's volleyball team is off to a great start, they're 6-0 and haven't lost a game yet. Unfortunately Aaron's lacrosse team is still looking for their first win, although I will say there was great improvement in their last game. They play Indian Hill tonight and it's going to be a cold one...temperatures could dip to around 40 degrees.

As for Abbey, she continues to keep a very busy social schedule. I think she's going to go to a field hockey camp the next several weeks to see if she wants to give it a shot in high school.

We wish everyone a Happy Easter and hope all is well with you and your family!

Comments:
Hi papa,
Its Abbsetta on Aunt Jeanne's computer. I just wanted to say that I love you very much and I'm happy that you are healthy.
Love,
Abbey
 
Say Vinnie!

I'm glad to hear all is well with you. I think I'm just about ready now to officially boycott the entire state of Florida...

No more orange juice... no more Disney theme parks and to hell with Mick Hubert. There.. I've said it and I'm not taking it back.

Let me know when Judd's playing in the Dayton area... I'd love to see him play.

Stoney
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?