Monday, March 26, 2007

 

March Madness....

Well my Buckeyes are one win away from playing for the national championship in basketball! Should the Bucks advance to the championship game and somehow find a way to win, I'm sure my Xavier colleagues will be happy to remind me that the Muskies got hosed late in the XU/OSU game when the refs didn't call a flagrant foul on Greg Oden. I would obviously prefer no controversy but if OSU does win it all, i think I can live with it.

The dream match-up would be against Florida. The Gators killed the Buckeyes 41-14 in the national championship football game and nothing would be sweeter than returning the favor in the national championship basketball game. Of course that scenario could turn in to a nightmare if Jochim Noah and his team mates repeat the 26 point thrashing they gave Thad Matta's troops back on December 26.

Yesterday Julie, Jeanne Bruce and I went down and participated in the mini-heart marathon. We only did the 5K but I was pretty happy with the way I ran. I used to be able to do a 5K in under 20 minutes so my time of 26 + minutes was nothing spectacular. But given where I was 6 months ago, that was a major accomplishment. Hopefully I can continue to get stronger, drop another 15 pounds and put up a better showing in the Flying Pig marathon where we'll be participating as a relay team.

We had a good weekend up in Columbus. Judd's volleyball team won the tournament they were in and looked dominating in the process. Aaron's lacrosse team lost 7-3 but it looks like he is going to play a lot more this year and when he was in he did pretty well. Finally, we went to the state championship basketball game where Moeller beat their old nemesis, St. Xavier.

Julie's birthday is Wednesday...if you get a chance give her a call or shoot her an e-mail. I think she's planning to play bridge that night with her mom and brothers and sisters. How's that for excitement?

Other than that, things are fairly normal. I'll be sure to continue the updates. Hope to see everyone soon!

Comments:
Doc,
as my Fla workmates say "beware what you wish for" BUT it's all gravy at this point for my b-ball guys from Columbus. please don't make fun of us nerdy bridge players, to us it's an addiction!
Stay healthy and tell Jules happy belated B-day!

Garman
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?