Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas season and the new year is off to a great start. Needless to say, we were pretty happy to see 2006 come to an end. Between my situation and the anxious moments we had with Judd at the end of the year, we will have no problem moving ahead and seeing what 2007 has to offer. Having said that, I think we did a pretty good job of making the best of a pretty difficult situation. We have our family and friends to thank for that...everyone was wonderful throughout the entire year and we have a stronger sense of love, faith and community as a result.

I started my chemo treatments a year ago this week. A year ago today (from this very moment) I was at Good Samaritan Hospital having surgery to have a port put into my chest. Driving home from the surgery was the only time I got sick during the 6 months I was treated and that was because I drank too much orange juice following the procedure. It's hard to believe its been a year but when I think back to all the treatments, doctors visits, ups and downs I guess it seems like it may have been 2 or 3 years. (I hope that makes sense!)

Anyway, its been 6 months since the last chemo treatment. I'm still dealing with the aches and pains of it all but I think its getting better. The good thing about this entire journey was the fact that it didn't interupt our lives - much. It was always there (and still is) but we were able to do the things that we normally do. Our lives didn't stop because we were dealing with lymphoma - it may have slowed down a bit, but we kept moving ahead. I'm proud of my family for that; they kept life as close to normal as possible and I know that was a key to getting through everything.

So what lies ahead in 2007? Who knows but I hope first and foremost, its good health. I realized pretty early through my treatments that the only thing you really need is good health...as long as you have that, you can work out everything else. So if I ever find that magic lamp lying on the beach and Barbara Eden (Jeanne) comes popping out and says she'll grant me three wishes; the first will be good health for my family, #2 will be good health for our friends and #3 - good health for me.

On Sunday I'm heading out to Phoenix with all my Buckeye buddies for the National Championship game. There are 6 of us and we've been able to secure 5 tickets. Hopefully we'll find a 6th between now and kickoff Monday night. I don't know if this experience will be able to match the 2002/03 National Championship game that we attended but if it comes close we should be in for a wonderful time!

So again, Happy New Year to all! I wish you all health and prosperity throughout 2007!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?