Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

The latest....

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I had an appointment with Dr. Leming on Monday and there were no surprises. I received a Rituxin maintenance treatment and it was pretty much smooth sailing. I was in at 8:45 and finished before 2:00 pm, not bad considering many of these treatments have taken as long as 7 hours.

Dr. Leming felt around all the lymph node areas and there was nothing out of the ordinary, 'So far, so good!' was how he put it. He said he doesn't need to see me for another 3 months; at that time I'll probably have another maintenance treatment. Prior to my next visit we'll repeat the scans. I thought I might have to have the scans done later this month so it was nice to hear that that won't be the case. It was about a year ago when I received my first Rituxin treatment, just before Christmas of 2005. Hard to believe its been a year.

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. I'll probably post again before Chritmas but if you don't check in, I hope your holidays are safe and blessed. We'll be taking our annual trip to New York to ski between Chrsitmas and New Years and then on January 7th I'll be flying out to Phoenix for the Buckeyes National Championship game against Florida. It looks like we have a great lead on some tickets...Dave Garver, who was the key to my getting tickets to my previous bowl game trips has indicated that he's pretty sure he can provide some help. (Dave, if your reading this...you're the man!!!) We look forward to seeing him out in Arizona!! Go Bucks!!!

That's it for now. As always thanks for all your prayers and support.

With peace and blessings....

The Hopkins Family

Comments:
Hi Vince! Great News! We are glad to hear your latest updates and are so excited for you to have the opportunity to actually have the chance to go out to "the Game" and witness in person another National Championship for our Buckeyes!
Wishing you, Julie, and all of the Hopkins Family a most Blessed and Merry Christmas.
Love,
Jim and Mary Jackson
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?