Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Wiped Out....

Those are the only words to describe how I'm feeling a week after treatment #7. I've caught a cold or something and along with that and the cumulative effect of the treatments...I am beat...absolutely wiped out. I did have my blood counts checked today and everything looks OK. I'll still take the shots and antibiotics through the week and hopefully start to feel better in 5 to 7 days. Dr. Leming warned that it would get tougher the closer we get to the end and that seems to be coming true.

We decided not to take the Bruces up on their invitation to go to Hilton Head. The prospects of driving 12 hours just didn't seem like a good idea to me and based on how I feel right now, it appears we made the right decision. If we were down there right now, Julie would probably be working and I'd be sleeping on the couch with The Maurey Povich Show playing in the background. I have to admit a nap sounds pretty good right about now but not with the the beach right outside your backdoor!

So the next few weeks can't go by quick enough. My next doctor's appointment is July 10 and I'll have PET and CAT scans done prior to that. Here's praying that everything comes back CLEAN!!!

Nothing much else report! Abbey is off to camp this week and on Thursday Aaron will celebrate his 16th birthday! He's slowly but surely getting in his required driver's training but I wouldn't expect he'll hit the road solo until late August! We'll be sure to warn you when that time arrives.

Wishing you all a great week!

Vince

Comments:
Hi Vinnie
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I think you made the right decision with the Hilton Head vacation. That alone can wipe you out.
When you reminded me of Aaron's 16th birthday, I remembered all of the fun times that Billy and Aaron celebrated their birthdays together. How fast they grow up. Billy won't get his license until August 22. I delayed that on purpose don't you know....
Take care of yourself and know that your friends are all praying for your strength. You have the courage.
Love
The Wersel's
 
Vince, You have a great way of creating a picture through your words. You have a gift.We are pulling for you and praying daily for your comtinued recovery.
The picture you painted through words tells of your tough battle on the road to recovery.Your wonderful family are strong warriors and they are tremendous people to have in your "camp."
Tomorrow is the longest day of the year and be reassured every minute of this day will be filled with continued wishes of happiness and recovery.
Love , the Jackson's
 
Vance -

I can't imagine how difficult the treatments are .... you're almost to the end, so keep the spirits up and take care of yourself. Looking forward to spending time with you and Jules in SF/Tahoe in July, although we may have to be selective in having Aaron drive in the CA/NV terrain .... should be a peaceful and fun time. Keeping you in my prayers!!!!!

Love,

Jerry
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?