Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Moeller Volleyball Settles for State Runner-up...

A third straight state volleyball championship was not to be as Moeller fell to St. Xavier in the championship match; 25-20, 29-27, 25-22. The match was close throughout but St. X made the plays when they had to in denying the Crusaders a 3rd straight state title. Obviously, our boys were devastated. To come so close only to be denied was a bitter pill to swallow. The returning players for next year (Judd included) certainly have the motivation to come back stronger next year and win it all. The four seniors from this years team were part of last year's state championship team as were two of the juniors. The other 10 will hope to end their Moeller careers with a state title next year.

Following the boys has been a great diversion for me. When I learned my treatments would probably continue into June, I focused on the volleyball season as a way to carry me toward the end of the process. Its been great watching the boys come together as a team, develop friendships that will last their entire lifetime and represent their school in such a positive manner. They can certainly hold their heads up high!

This week will probably be a little slow. I'm due to have treatment #7 next Monday (June 5) so I'm off most of the medications and will probably not have another Neupogen shot after today. I'm really hopeful that the next chemo treatment will be the last...I would love to get those behind me. Worst case, I'd probably have one more following the treatment next Monday. So pray that all goes well and maybe Monday will be the final chemo treatment.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

Vince

Comments:
Vince, i bet volleyball was a great distraction and at the same time, a wonderful opportunity to support BIG MOE and Judd. Know that Mary and I will have you in our thoughts and prayers for the upcoming chemo treatments.Keep your positive outlook as it is not only good medicine for you but a tremendous inspiration for all of us.Say hi to Julie for us... Love, The Jacksons
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?