Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

This week's update...

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd post an update about what has transpired since I had the scans done last week.

First, we haven't learned the results of the scans. My next scheduled treatment and visit with Dr. Leming is on Monday (April 10) so I'm sure we'll find out how everything looks at that time. We'll be sure to post what we learn as soon as we can.

As I mentioned last week, I was off the Neupogen and went in to have the blood checked last Friday. At that time the white counts were as low as they've ever been, 1.5, so it was back on the Neupogen. I had injections for 5 straight days and yesterday, the white count was all the way up to 23! So, I'm off the Neupogen again and just hoping (and praying!) that the counts will stay high enough to receive my treatment on Monday. Dr. Leming said (and my history supports this) that they will definitely drop but is optomistic that I'll stay within the range needed for treatment. I guess we'll see. One thing I didn't realize is I have to be off the Neupogen a couple days prior to a treatment because they don't want the white blood counts to be artificially boosted at the time of the treatment.

Other than that, its been an uneventful week. The boys' sports seasons are in full swing so we've been running around to games. I'll probably post again next Monday night or Tuesday.

I want to thank everyone for keeping updated via this blog site. I went to lunch today with a good friend through Xavier, Roger Grein, and I was touched that his assistant, Joyce, checks the site. She asked how my tests went last week and has been following my progress through the blog. That really means a lot to me. I know there are many of you doing the same.

Hope to see all of you soon!

Vince

Comments:
uncle vince

this is michael judd and i just read your blog and I want you to know that our family is behind you 100% and you'll always be in our prayers. Good luck with the future

god bless

judd family
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?