Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Frustrating Day Ends With Tremendous News....

A very frustrating day took quite turn today around dinner time this afternoon. As I mentioned in my previous post, Dr. Leming said he would try to call as soon as he found out any news about my PET scan. The call came a little after 5 PM. Dr. Leming said that my PET scan was 'boring'. I asked what that meant and he read some things in medical terms that made little sense to me. I asked if he could tell me the same thing in language I could understand and he said, "The PET scan shows no noticeable activity, it appears you're on your way to remission." Jeanne and Steve Bruce were here (they served us a phenomenal steak dinner) when I received the news and the three of us just stood around with tears in our eyes and big smiles on our faces. Julie had gone to pick up Abbey so I had to wait a few minutes to break the news to her....needless to say there were many more tears and some the greatests hugs I've ever been a part of. Breaking the news to the kids was also a beautiful experience.

So we're heading in the right direction! We'll stay on the same track and hopefully complete the chemo treatments by the end of June. We realize there is still some work to do but at least we now know the treatments are doing the job. Now we have to keep those blood counts up.

Dealing with this has been such a mental game. We've done a pretty good job of putting on the brave faces but after the frustration of our appointment earlier today, we needed some good news. We got it this afternoon! Thanks to EVERYONE for your love, support and friendship. Thanks for caring and thanks for being there for us. Keep the prayers coming, we're making tremendous progress! Peace and blessings!!!

Vince, Julie, Judd, Aaron and Abbey

Comments:
Vince, Ok,- I bet you feel like you lived an entire year in one day. What a glorious way to end your day.We celebrate the good news and please know you have alot to do yet and you are a busy man...We will keep in touch and we send you a virtual hug and continued prayers and good wishes Love , The Jacksons
 
AHHH uncle vince! i am so happy i got to see you over break! even though we both suffered great Lax Loss... ill see ya in 2 week when im out of school.
 
YEA!!! Doc I talked to Jeanne and Steve at LAX game and heard this great news. Keep beating this nasty beast down. You got many things goin on, but will talk soon. Take care

Go Bucks

the garmans
 
Vince-We are always praying for you, Julie, & the kids. Hope you have felt some comfort from the Prayer Shawl. We have heard many miracle stories from those who use them. Love, Marian & girls
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?