Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Finally - Treatment #5....

After several attemps, I finally received treatment #5 today. I was supposed to do it two weeks ago but Dr. Leming wanted to do a PET scan before we moved ahead. I was scheduled to do the treatment last Monday but the results of the PET scan were not ready so it was pushed back to Wednesday. Then on Wednesday my white blood cell count was too low so I was back on the Neupogen for a few days. This morning, my counts were well above the minimum and the treatment went off without a hitch - still it was a 6 hour day. Now I'll be on the shots for the next week and revisit Dr. Leming next Wednesday. I think the key to finishing the treatments on schedule will be making sure I get the shots for 3 or 4 days leading up to a Monday treatment. Hopefully we'll be able to stay on track from now on.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, comments, concerns, etc. It was awesome to get the great news on the PET scan last week and I appreciate everyone's excitement. Now we need to stay on track and finish the job!

Comments:
Vince - keep the faith. I'm sure having the treatments delayed is challenging and frustrating, but you have another one behind you on your road to remission. I wear the relentless red wrist band every day and think of you often. You have been an inspiration to all of us.

Next week is our big Notre Dame golf outing with Tex, etc down at Reynolds Plantation in the same house that you celebrated Viv and Skeets' 50th. I'm sure someone will bring up that fact that we signed the #1 QB recruit this year - now why didn't you write that in your blog????? :)

Blessings and congrats to Judd on the big vball victory over Elder this week!

Jerry
 
Vince,
Please know that God has a plan for all of us, however he doesn't always share with us how it effects others arounds us. I have gain a lot of strength from your way of dealing with your journey. I have kept youin my daily prayers and will continue to do so.
May God Bless you and keep you.

AL
 
Hey Vince,
May is cancer awareness month at the girls school Jordyn and Jaden put up a picture of you and mom for the great wall. The school team is also doing a relay for life for all on the wall. We just wanted you to know we are thinking aobut you and we hoping and praying for not the road to remission... but remission.

Aimee
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?