Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

We're on the White Blood Count Rollercoaster...

What a difference 4 days (and 4 Neupogen shots) make. On Monday my white blood count was at 2.9; when I had my counts checked yesterday they were at 34.3! (The red counts and platelettes were fine.) So...I'm off the shots again and I should be able to get my fourth treatment on Monday. Dr. Leming said I could probably go out and 'sell a few white blood cells' over the weekend. I would guess I'll go back on the shots following the treatment, it appears that I've been responding fairly well to the Neupogen.

Hope you all have a great weekend...I'll write more on Tuesday!

Comments:
Vince, The counts sound great. What encouraging news! Enjoy this wonderous time of basketball. Ohio State is looking good... We will keep in touch and have a super week.Our best to your family..Love, The Jacksons
 
Hey Vinnie...

Damn you gonna have a white blood cell count of 34.3!

Maybe you should be selling a few white blood cells to the mighty Buckeyes! I think it's a bunch of sour grapes... maybe they should go over to Japan or something when they ought to be playing ball in late March. (Obviously the Jackson post occurred sometime prior to Sunday at 5:30 p.m.)

I'm glad to hear the shots are doing the trick. Take care, and I'll talk with you soon.

Stoney Curtis
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?