Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

Treatment #4....

On Monday I had treatment #4. My white counts were fine and the treatment went very smoothly. Following the treatment I had a quick visit with Dr. Leming and he said I'm do amazingly well, I appear to be very healthy. The next big step is we will have CT scans done in a couple weeks, prior to the next treatment. The last time I had scans they revealed that the lymphoma had been reduced by more than 50% and Dr. Leming was very encouraged by that. Hopefully there will be even better news with the next set of scans.

I'm back on the daily Neupogen shots. They seem to be doing the trick in boosting the white blood counts. The more treatments you get, the more it beats down your counts so I guess I can expect to get the shots fairly often until my treatments have been completed.

I actually had to cut my hair over the weekend...it was looking a little 'shaggy'. I think it will be awhile before all my hair comes back in but the hair I do have was sticking up so I had Julie give me a buzz with the #1 clipper. She did a pretty good job, maybe I've spent my last dollar at a barber shop!

Thanks to Steve Bruce for our 'phenomenal' dinner on Monday night; Mongolian beef, asparagus, rice and key lime pie bars...very tasty! He also brought us Milanos subs on Sunday night, an old Dayton favorite.

I think that covers everything for now. I'll be sure to keep you posted on the latest news. Peace and blessings to all!

Vince

Comments:
Vince - We were anxious to hear how your 4th treatment went and are pleased that it went so well and that your doctor is so delighted with your progress. We pray that your next scan shows that your lymphoma has reduced drastically over your last scan. You are an inspiration to all of us! Our prayers remain with you. God Bless you. Love, Jim & Diane
 
Doc,
WAZZUP!!
My first comment is How Bout getting Chris Wells?
Secondly I hope you are banging all your irish buddies after that butt-whipping in the fiesta bowl.

Sounds like your kickin this nasty beast! Get well soon and I will stay in touch.

God Bless

Jeff Garman
 
sorry i didn't get to see you over break uncle vince! i miss ya guys a lot and will definently see you over easter break!
love you
Laurin
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?