Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Scans Tomorrow....

Its a big day tomorrow. With four treatments in the 'bag', we're going to have scans done to see how things are progressing. Following the first two treatments it appeared that the chemo and Rituxin were doing the job. Hopefully, there will be great improvement since the last scans were done on February 10. Based on the havoc the treatments have caused on my white blood counts, I would hope its doing the same type of number on the lymphoma cells. So please say a prayer tomorrow around 1:15 pm as I have the scans done at University Hospital.

I haven't been on the Neupogen shots this week. My white counts were at 8.6 on Monday so Dr. Leming said I could back off this week. I will have my blood checked on Friday just to see how things look, if they do drop I'm sure I'll be back on the Neupogen for the next week. I obviously want to make sure the counts are high enough to get my next treatment on April 10.

We 'celebrated' Julie's birthday yesterday. Now that volleyball and lacrosse seasons have started I think we'll be spending a lot of time in the gym and at the fields watching Judd and Aaron play. Last night Judd had a volleyball match so we were up at the school until about 9 PM. So, it really wasn't much of a celebration (although Moeller did win!) but given what we're currently going through we had decided to keep things fairly low-key, anyway.

Both teams are off to a great start. Aaron's team is 2-0 and Judd's team is 4-0, including winning a tournament in Columbus over the weekend. Aaron plays 'middie', Judd is a middle blocker. So if you need to track us down over the next 6-8 weeks, use the cell phone. We're probably at a field or gym somewhere watching the boys play.

That's all for now...I'll post the scan results as soon as I get the results...

Comments:
hi-i got it to go through.THANKS
WELL WHAT GOOD NEWS AND GOOD RESON FOR A LOT OF TEARS!! I AM JUST SORRY YOU HAVE TO FEEL SO LOUSY.BUT IF YOU CAN RUN THAT IS SAYING A LOT.JUST DON'T DO TO MUCH .
ITS GREAT TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALMOST TO THE END OF THE RAINBOW TO COLLECT YOUR POT OF GOLD.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?