Friday, February 03, 2006

 

Muskies lose a Tough One....

Julie and I were in attendance last night when Xavier lost a tough one to the #10 team in the country, George Washington. It looked like XU would blow GW out in the first half but the Colonials made a run early in the second half to take the lead. In the end, GW's defense, speed and bench-depth was too much for the Muskies to handle and they took home a well-deserved 89-85 win.

Our guests last night were Chuck And Julie Scheper. I've mentioned Chuck before; he is the man who faced the same Lymphoma I have over 13 years ago. Chuck had his annual check-up recently in Boston and remains clean...he has been very supportive of me continues to be a great source of inspiration. We really enjoyed spending the evening with them last night.

Next up for XU is St. Louis on Super Bowl Sunday. SLU was the team that started Xavier's mid-season slump and if the Muskies have any hopes of playing in the NCAA tournament in March, they can't afford to lose this game. Hopefully they'll be able to put together a complete game and get back on the winning track.

Every once in while I look at some of the other blogs at blogger.com. There must be thousands of them. some are interesting others are just plain strange. Following is a little excercise I saw on one recently. If you feel inclined, respond with your answers to the same questions.


- Four jobs I've had in my life...
1. Gas Station Attendant
2. Fruit Picker (for 4 hours)
3. Restaurant Bartender
4. Fundraiser (last 20 years!)

- Four movies I can watch over and over...
1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Forrest Gump
3. The Godfather
4. Unforgiven

- Four places I have lived...
1. Lima, Ohio
2. Piqua, Ohio
3. Dayton, Ohio
4. Mason, Ohio

- Four places I have visited...
1. Salzburg, Austria
2. Yellowstone National Park
3. Silver Star, Montana
4. North Captiva, Florida (after being hit by a hurricane)

- Four TV shows I love to watch...
1. Seinfeld
2. The Simpsons
3. Survivor
4. American Idol

- Four of my favorite foods...
1. Ice Cream
2. Asparagus
3. Steak and baked potato
4. Chicken Pot Pies

- Four websites I visit daily...
1. The O-Zone
2. ESPN.com
3. MyXU.Xu.Edu
4. Beatlymphoma.blogspot.com

- Four places I would rather be right now...
1. On vacation with my family
2. At Buckeye football game
3. Tailgating before a Buckeye football game
4. At a restaurant with friends

Hope you all have a great weekend! Go Muskies!! (and Buckeyes and Steelers!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?