Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Second Treatment in the Rearview Mirror...

Yesterday was chemo treatment #2 and everything went pretty smoothly. there were no allergic reactions and I was done and on the way home by 5:15...far better than the after 7 pm finish on the previous treatment.

My blood counts were fine prior to the treatment and I'll go in for a Neulasta injection later today to help boost the white blood counts throughout this cycle. I am trying to figure out how I gained 4 pounds since last Tuesday; I've been excercising so I guess that means i've been eating like a horse. I've had a pretty good appetite throughout the early stages of my treatment and only really had one bout of nausea. If I start taking the anti-nausea medicine tomorrow I should be able to avoid the nausea altogether this time...last time I just waited a little too long.

Dr. Leming would like me to do a CT scan in two weeks. He said there is a good chance everything will be gone at that time. The nodes you can feel have been gone for several weeks. Obviously that would be great news if they're all gone but we won't build ourselves up to much for that news...there are at least 4 cycles to go.

So, we're moving along. I'm really starting to shed my hair now. Its just to the point where I actually have to comb it and now I'll probably have to buzz it off this weekend. I think there are a lot of people who don't even know what i'm dealing with (especially many of the donors I work with at XU). Of course that will all change when I'm walking around looking like Kojak!

Still touched and amazed by the outpouring of support our family is receiving. Mary Wersel brought us dinner last night (great chicken noodle soup, Mary) and I understand Debbie Federle is feeding us tonight. We still feel all your prayers...there is no way we would be getting through this so well without the support of all our family, friends, parish community and co-workers. My colleagues at Xavier have been wonderful, words cant describe how blessed i feel to be surrounded by such caring people.

So until next time, i'll sign off. Root home the Muskies tonight against Temple. We need a big win before this weekends showdown with Dayton.

Blessings to all...
Vince

Comments:
Hi Vinnie

I'm so happy you liked the soup and that it didn't add or contribute to any hurling. Just wanted to you know that we check your blog daily and look forward to your positive attitude and strong faith. You help us put our lives in perspective and realize how blessed we are with our great family and friends. We're all learning from your strength. Thank you for sharing your life with us.
Your friends, Mary and Bill
 
Vince -

Haven't talked to you in a while, but want you to know that we're thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. thanks so much for keeping us updated on your blog - among your many gifts, you have a gift of writing.

Jerry and kids
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?