Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Latest update....

Yesterday I had another appointment at Cincinnati Hemotology/Oncology. Dr. Leming wasn't in so I saw the nurse practitioner. My blood counts were all good, I lost 2 more pounds and everything continues to look great. There should be no problems the rest of this cycle. My next treatment will be Tuesday, January 24.

I have to say, all things considered, things went pretty well this first cycle. I had a short bout with nausea, the barfing episode on the highway was a new adventure and I felt a little edgy from the prednizone but other than that, everything has been tolerable. I haven't taken the nausea medicine for over a week and my appetite has been very healthy. I haven't missed any work and I've continued to excercise. I also haven't noticed any feelings of excess fatigue. I know as treatments continue there will be a cumulative effect on my body but so far I'm dealing with things fairly well.

We got great news on Julie's mom, Viv Riestenberg, this week. Many of you probably know that she had surgery for lung cancer last August and has had quite a battle; in fact, things didn't look very good at all back in September. Well late last week Viv got the news that her latest scans revealed no sign of cancer! She actually could go home by the end of this month. Viv is a true miracle and we are all so proud at how hard she's worked to get to this point. It just goes to show that no matter how bad things may look, don't ever give up. The human spirit is such a powerful thing and if there is one thing Viv has plenty of, its spirit!

Tomorrow is the big Crosstown Shootout. I have to say that without Huggins around there doesn't seem to be as much intensity. That will probably change by game time, tomorrow night. UC roughed up Xavier last year so hopefully the Muskies will return the favor tomorrow night in the Cintas Center.

Nothing more to report at this time. The bottomline is, so far so good but we still have a long road ahead of us. This first cycle has been very encouraging but there are at least 5 more to go. So keep the prayers coming; knowing there are so many people out there praying for our family is tremendously inspiring. Also remember fellow St. Susanna parishioners Ken Murawski, Marcia Koepfle and Kellie Pitocco in your prayers as they are also battling a form of cancer.

Wishing you all the best in 2006!

Comments:
hi-so glad to hear your news was good other then your white count low.stay away from sick people.the news was great on how much the nodes have shrunk.my prayers and thoughts are with you.take care of each other and hope your valentine day was happy-linda
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?